I am launching a project with the following draft project charter and I will need your feedback to refine it in order to move forward. This action is a follow up from my first three posts. I sincerely hope that we can make a significant contribution to the construction industry and initiate a positive change for delivering quality.
You may subscribe for new post notifications here:
Draft Project Charter:
1) Working title- ‘Quality is my job- promoting leadership for quality in construction’
2) Working PM- Zul Helal
3) Vision- To reduce waste of $75 billion national resources through by improving construction quality.
4) Mission- To engage the industry to adopt leadership tools for delivering quality.
5) Constraints- It will need significant efforts to achieve buy-ins from the industry, will not happen overnight and various stakeholders need to be involved.
6) Stakeholders- Owners, Consultants and Contractors and related associations, e.g. BOMA, IFMA, AIA, ASCE, CMAA, AGC.
7) High level schedule- 2 years (Jan- Dec, 2018) 8) Phases- The project will have four phases: initiation, planning, execution, and closing.
9) High level budget- Will be worked out as project moves forward.
10) Potential risks and mitigation- Existence of unknowns will need research, gathering and keeping stakeholder support will need motivational efforts, lack of fund may trigger other ideas for moving forward.
11) High level scope- Drafting guides for Owners, Consultants and Contractors regarding construction quality.
12) Team- Will be worked out as project moves forward.
13) Mode of communication- www.leadershipforquality.org; www.linkedin.com; www.surveymonkey.com
This project charter is a living document throughout the project and will be updated as needed using your feedback.